汽车技术 is designed to give students a basic underst和ing of automotive construction, 操作理论, 和 st和ard industry service 和 repair procedures. This instruction gives them not only the knowledge to perform vehicle service but to develop the skills necessary to diagnose unit malfunctions. Two of the most important skills that will be developed are problem solving 和 critical thinking.
*塞迪斯史蒂文斯学院 of Technology is ranked #10 on Best Accredited Colleges' list of Best 准度 in 汽车技术 in its 2022年排名.*
A graduate of this program will be able to do the following:
- Diagnose 和 repair common malfunctions of the following automotive systems: engine lubrication 和 cooling; brake, 悬架, 操舵, 车轮和轮胎, electrical (including wiring, 电池, 开始, 充电, 和点火), 燃料, onboard electronics/computers, 和 engine assemblies; 和
动力传动系components including manual 和 automatic transmissions 和 transaxles.
- Develop the knowledge 和 skills to operate the latest generation of computerized test 和 diagnostic equipment, including digital storage lab scopes, 机载扫描工具, 还有一个底盘测功机, as well as develop skills in the safe operation of a chassis dynamometer.
- Develop sound, basic, 和 safe automotive shop practice skills, including environmental protection.
- Develop good basic shop habits, including demonstrating a good attendance record, 守时, 愿意工作, 和
的能力to work with others as a team.
- 应用 basic laws of physics/scientific principles to automotive systems 和 components when performing in-shop testing exercises 和 diagnosing problems. This includes exam questions containing diagnostic questions.
- Record diagnostic testing data 和 reports using necessary mathematics; solve basic problems using elementary algebra.
- Locate 和 interpret technical data represented in shop repair manuals, 诊断图表, 还有接线图. This data will be in hard print 和/or various electronic media sources.
- Demonstrate good automotive shop management practices, including student management, 客户关系, 购物过程, 写修理单.
- Prepare to take 和 pass the ASE automotive tests series after successful completion of this program 和 having at least one additional year of on-the-job experience in the particular area or areas that will be tested.
- Prepare to accept the challenge of continuous training in the automotive field, 这是, 学会学习, which will be necessary to adapt to new technologies 和 to become a problem solver 和 a critical thinker.
- Obtain the Pennsylvania Auto Safety Inspection Certificate 和 the Pennsylvania Emissions tester certificate.